Monday, April 2, 2012

Butterflies!!

They hatched... or emerged or whatever I'm supposed to call it!  Anyway, we have butterflies!
Big sister "Me-me" gets to tell Reagan all about it.
Reagan is fascinated with the "fy-fies"... has been long before now.
Everyone enjoys watching them climbing the sides of the butterfly habitat,
hoping to see them drink the sugar-water from the paper towel in the bowl.
We are proud of our 100% success rate!  All five caterpillars became butterflies. 
Here is the best picture I could get of our Painted Lady Butterflies.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I have been planning on doing this with the kids. I just have to get my already paid for kit ordered LOL! I keep forgetting. I was kind of waiting for spring... and spring has sprung and so must I. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had success! We also have a butterfly garden but have not tried it out yet. Your children look like they loved this.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!