Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thoughts at a Wedding

My girls and I attended a friend's wedding recently.  It was, oh, so hot, as you can see in the girls' red faces!  But despite the heat, the day was beautiful and the wedding was gorgeous! During the reception, the girls helped refill the platters on the cookie table.  They were pleased to help in such a grown-up way.
Marian and Ellie with friend, Audrey
Ellie & Jack
Admittedly, Ellie was more interested in playing the yard games and guzzling lemonade than she was in refilling cookie platters (lol), but a good time was had by all.  I couldn't quite persuade either of them to dance... at least not on the dance floor, but they had their own area out in the yard where they danced only when they thought no one was looking.  (Wish I had some precious pictures of that!)
In the midst of the party, I couldn't help but have some Mamma thoughts... about the beautiful bride, about how fast my girls are growing, about how long it's been since I was the bride and how soon I could be the mother of the bride!!!  It's a wonder I didn't run screaming out of the reception!
Well, Bailey & Ryan, may God richly bless your marriage.  We are all certainly blessed to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!