Monday, May 5, 2014

Ballet, Year 1

We have come to the end of the girls' first year of ballet lessons.  I have been so thankful that they have had this opportunity and hope that we can continue next year.
From the beginning, Ellie took to it like a duck to water.  She knew her teacher's names, her fellow students' names, and nearly every dance step from the very first lesson.  Not that she had perfect form by any means, but the desire was there.  She donned her ballet shoes and leotard for multiple private performances in our living room (and made up little tickets and play bills, even!)
Mar, on the other hand, found the adjustment to be a little more difficult.  I kind of anticipated that.  I would imagine it's a challenge to start ballet at the age of twelve when all the other girls in your class have been taking lessons since they were four.  But better to start at age twelve than never to start at all!  At some point in the spring semester, I could tell Marian was coming around.  I wish I had a video of their recital performances that I could post.  They both did so well! Next year perhaps, I can do better at my duties as ballet mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!