Monday, October 28, 2013

Running

This past summer, my friend Elizabeth asked me train for a 5K with her.  I jumped at the chance, though I wasn't sure that actually running 3.1 miles was possible for me.  Well, you never know until you try!  I really believe I wouldn't have made it without such a good training partner, but I have now completed 3--count 'em, 1-2-3 5K events!  The first one was in Maine and I covered that in a previous post.  The other two I completed on consecutive weekends just a couple weeks ago.
One was a color run to benefit a nearby women's crisis center.  It was fun to have so many friends to run with, and the color mess was fun, too!  (Friend Elizabeth is on my right.)
The second one was a fundraiser for the local high school's athletic department.  No color here, but I placed in my age range... and won a t-shirt from Piggly-Wiggly!  What more could you ask?
My finishing times for the races were 28:58 and 29:02, respectively. 
Now, the kids want to train and run a 5k with me next year!  I cannot tell you how much that excites me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!