Friday, March 30, 2012

Awana Grand Prix

 Well, better late than never!  Grand Prix was 2 weeks ago and here are our proud contestants!

For design, we took a different approach this year.  Since Dwayne had 3 cars to cut out, we just had to simplify.  He took all the car kits, no kids.  He decided on some shapes that he was willing to cut and he cut them out.  He brought them home and let the kids' imaginations go from there.

Marian's car was in the shape of a capital "I".  We detailed it with the message, "I Speed. HI Speed."  (Clever, right?)  She won 3rd place for speed!  See how excited she is?

Andrew's was in the shape of an arrow.  The only detailing needed after the paint was the fletching at the back end.  He won 1st place for design.  Yay!

Ellie's car was in the shape of... a really fast car! :) She wanted lightning bolts painted on it, so I helped her with that and also wrote "Flash" down the side.  She did not win a prize for speed or design.  Must be something wrong with those judges! LOL!  Nonetheless, she was so thrilled to compete in her first Awana Grand Prix!  
I am proud of all our racers, 
as well as their pit crew (Dwayne!) and detail artist (me!)!
Marian's car
Andrew's car
Ellie's car

1 comment:

  1. I have yet to post my Awana Grand Prix winners too! I am SOOO far behind. Trying to figure out how to compress the past two months in just a few posts.... I wish I had had the time to keep up!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!