Friday, March 2, 2012

Weak of stomach, beware!

As if I needed to be clearly shown the differences in personalities of my second and third born...  :)

We have been struck by some sort of stomach bug this week.  It started with Andrew on Wednesday evening, then Ellie woke with it on Thursday morning, then Reagan was sick at midnight that night.  So far, Marian is the only child to escape... so far, I say.

On Wednesday evening, after Andrew's first episode, we put him to bed, trying to make him as comfortable as possible.  He didn't talk much (typical) except to ask for a drink or for something cool for his head.  He usually didn't even let us know when he was making a mad dash to the bathroom.  Thankfully, he slept fine all night and was better on Thursday morning except for a fever which soon passed.

Ellie, on the other hand, was not fine on Thursday morning.  After her first upset, we made her as comfortable as possible on the couch.  At which she remarked, "Well, I don't like being sick, but I sure do like being taken care of!"  She was sick all day yesterday, poor thing, her whole body wrenched with dry heaves.  Every time she ran to the bathroom, she would yell, "Mom!  I think I'm going to throw up!!"  Sometime that afternoon, she told me she felt like "a popped balloon".  I tried not to laugh.  This morning, her stomach woes were over and she told me, "I threw up seven times!"  I told her that I was so sorry that she had been sick and glad that she was feeling better.  But pity was not what she was looking for.  She added, "I'm just glad I didn't throw up any more than seven times!"  If no one else can find that elusive silver lining, Ellie sure can!

(By the way, besides being a bit fussy today, Reagan seems to have recovered already.  Thanks be to God!)

1 comment:

  1. IT is interesting how all the kids react differently. We kind of went through the same thing here not too long ago. Once with the stomach bug, once with another bug. I never thought to post their reactions, but I enjoyed reading and can certainly picture Ellie. Aren't we thankful they are not all the same! You are doing a great job on the blog! It looks good, and you are very creative with your "story" telling. ALways enjoy reading when I get a chance.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!