Monday, March 19, 2012

Field trip

Spring has come early here in Tennessee.  At least for a visit.  I know everyone is holding their breath.  Will we get a late cold snap?  Everything is greening up so early.  Will winter sneak back in and kill all the buds and blooms, stunting crops?  Only God knows.  Only God controls.  But we can get out and take full advantage, revel in this beauty that never gets old, year after year.  
The kids and I took a trip across the field several days ago and came upon a stream we hadn't known was there. Wondrous discovery!
 From my childhood, I have many happy memories of playing in the streams around our house.  Never was there a playground that offered so many hours of endless fascination!

 We have a couple ponds here on the farm, but this stream is "just right" for this mama bear-- deep enough for the older kids to wade, dig, dam up, discover, but shallow enough for Little Rig's safety.
 In the days since this first discovery, I have even let all four of them return without me... with stern warnings to keep eyes on their little brother!  Of course, with Mini-Mama and Mini-Papa (aka, Marian & Andrew) on duty, I am leaving him in pretty good hands!
 It is a precious thing, a thing I never tire of, to see my children caring for each other.  It makes me smile... and cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!