Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Total YUM!

I tried a new recipe last night-- something I am prone to do quite often.  It was out of the park!!  It's like a Philly Cheese Steak.  I started with this recipe.  I'm not sure if this is an authentic Philadelphia Steak Sandwich or not, but I'm telling you, it's good!

I didn't make it exactly as the recipe indicates (do I ever?).  I omitted the wine, and we did not want horseradish or mustard on the bread.  Also, I
didn't cook the peppers, onions, and mushrooms in the slow cooker-- just the meat with broth and seasonings for about 4 hours.  I sauteed the veggies on the stove right before supper and served them on the side just to make it kid-friendly.  I didn't have any French bread, so I made some simple yeast rolls.  The sandwiches were so-o good!  Definitely a do-again... soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like its the "real thing" :-) You always have the best recipes

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!