Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Theme Dinner

Well, it's time for our annual Valentine family dinner! 

 The kids and I have so much fun planning this and, if I may say, we really outdid ourselves this year. They did all the decorations. We came up with the food and menu lists together, then I did most of the cooking.  (One of these days, I need to transfer more of that over to them, too.)
Ellie's menu
Marian's menu

Our menu:
Love-me-tenderloin
Don't-break-my-heart biscuits
Peas-be-mine
XOXO carrots
Sweety sweet tea
Give-me-sugar cookie



The carrots were so named because I cut them in sticks and coins so that together they could form X's and O's.  The biscuits were supposed to be cut in heart shapes to make them fit the celebration.  However, I switched over to auto-pilot at some point and cut them in the regular circles.  Oops-- better luck next time!  Nevertheless, we all enjoyed our special meal!

I am so glad to share our family's little tradition.  Do any of you have a neat Valentine tradition?  

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I especially thought the menu was great, very creative! I am really going to have to up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No traditions here, but I love to hear about yours. And of course it always inspires me for next year... except when next year gets here I forget. So please do me a favor and post this about one week BEFORE valentines day so I can better prepare. LOL I think I just fell WAYYYY short! Don't tell my kids about all this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey You forgot to remind me a week before Valentines, but believe it or not I remembered ON Valentines and am trying my luck at this today! LOL. Came up with a menu... now for getting it made :-)

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!